Alternative Suspension Program:
Neighbors Plus has partnered with West Ottawa, Holland Public, and other area schools to develop an alternative school day for students who are suspended from school. The Alternative Suspension Program provides a safe and educational environment for 6th – 10th grade students while they serve their out-of-school suspension. Parents may enroll their student, free of charge, in the program for the time of their suspension.
In addition, if your child has chosen to participate in virtual school through WOVA, we are happy to offer a Study Hub option for virtual students. For more information, please contact Angela Stegenga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While enrolled in the program students will be required to:
* Come to the program with academic assignments which must be completed. If no assignments are brought then program staff will provide academic work.
* Participate in volunteer work.
* Participate in problem solving and/or behavior management skill building activities.
* Participate in physical education.
* Explore career options.
* Monday – Friday, following the West Ottawa Public School calendar.
* Parents may drop their student off at the Anchor Youth Building between 7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
* Transportation back home is provided for the students each afternoon.
* Students are required to bring a completed parent release form, homework, and lunch.
Harderwyk Ministries (Anchor Youth Building)
1627 W. Lakewood Blvd.
Holland, Michigan 49424
Registration is required for this free program. To register, please complete the necessary registration forms below and contact the Alternative Suspension Program at 616-399-9190 ext. 325.
Registration Form - English
Registration Form - en Espanol
For more information, please contact: Angela Stegenga, Program Director, at email@example.com.